Thursday, September 17, 2009

EMERGING TECHNOLOGY--- not my cup of tea

For this class we have to "blog" and in the nicest way I can put it, I don't even understand the point of blogging. It seems to me that it is used to stalk people and their day to day life. I went over some of my classmates blogs, and just did not understand why people would read other peoples blogs. I am starting to feel like an 80 year old women in this generation and I'm only 21.

I HATE NEW TECHNOLOGY! It is so hard for me to learn how to use all the new gadgets. For instance not only do I have to learn how to blog for this class, I have to learn how to TWEET for my HIST 104 class.... I think this is ridiculous. First of all this class is about European History from the 1400s... I am almost positive Tweeter did not exist back then.

I enjoy the technology I grew up with computers, simple cell phones and video games like nintendo. However, I tried to play Halo.... the remote VIBRATES!!! Scared me to death! I had never owned an IPOD until last November when I received the ITouch 2nd generation from my boyfriend for my birthday. He is a technology major and LOVES new technology. Anyways I have had this for just under a year and all I use it for is to play games when I am in the car on long car trips. Also I just bought my new labtop(not by choice) last Aug. and apparently I have been told there are many features on it I do not use!

I guess technology affects me almost everyday and I think it would be so much easier and more useful if what technology had to offer was more useful. I lose my remote to my TV every day... But I dont see anyone putting an alarm on my remote for me so I can find it... that would be good technology to me...

maybe by the time I write next... There will have been a POSITIVE technology experince...

Some good news: COLTS WON!!!! GO BLUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment